Monday, January 3, 2000

Words for "Song of a Traveller"

 Song of a Traveler

1)      They told me that I had to stop dreaming
          They told me that I had to put my feet back on the ground
          But they didn’t realize what I was feeling
          That I was close to getting drowned

          No, I didn’t want to hurt you all
          It wasn’t that I didn’t care, you see
          A ship is safer in a harbor
          But it’s not made for that, it has to sail to be free

Bridge     I keep on moving, I keep on driving
              Four wheeling my way through this world
              My soul is yearning for what’s around the corner
              I don't want to leave one story untold

Chorus         I’ve got peace in my heart
                   I just ain’t got peace in my soul
                   This is my place on the stage of this play
                   And I aint no doubt about my role

2)      No, you don’t have to pity us, cause we don’t have no home
          We have a desert for a backyard, the sea is our lawn
          We have an office with a view, every day new, so that will do
          And what our living room will look like, we never have a clue

          No, we don’t see this world as our destination
          It’s more like a road we travel on
          Sometimes exhilerating, often frustrating, but also fascinating
          Back to the place we belong

Chorus         I’ve got peace in my heart
                   I just ain’t got peace in my soul, no
                   This is my place on the stage of this play
                   And I have no doubt about my role