Sunday, April 29, 2018

Oman - Part 2

Staying a few days in "Sur"


Arriving a late aftternoon in Sur, I park the Land Roamer near the sea, near a house. 
Nobody is home to ask if I can spend the night  there...

Later, Ahmed and his family arrive home and and tell me that indeed I can stay there overnight and takes me in his car to town, to atten to some business. We visit the lighthouse.

As I would like to do a number of things on the Land Roamer, he suggests that I stay at his "cottage" for a few days, in order to have a private space to work on the truck. This offer CANNOT be refused!

Over the next few days I shall work in VERY GOOD conditions.

Too soon, comes time to leave and say good-bye to a very friendly and generous family!

Fantastic stay in Sur!

 Ras Al Hadd and Tortoises at night: Magic!

My private, 2 way road...

... It worked !

Ras Al Hadd - Most Easternly cape of Oman







Ras Al Hadd Castle

Beauty has an address: Oman !


Wadi al Shab



 

Muscat

Sunrise on the Southern coast of Muscat...

Driving into Muscat...

Evening  at the Suk !
Black and White or Colors ? 

New, Upper-Class housing lot

Late afternnon, time to relax on the Northern beach...

 Looking through the windows of the Land Roamer

200 kilometers of illumintead highway in the desert !!!

=> Next blog: Dubai and shipping the 
Land Roamer to Iran by ferry is here