Friday, September 30, 2011

Building the extension

I had bought and cut some "GRP" panels (Glass Reinforced Panels) to put on top of my brackets and to extend the camper-cell.

=> Started on Left Hand Side, apply glue


Present the panel carefully


Put preassure with a custom made jig (to apply pressure evenly) and a strap, let dry overnight


By the way, it's NOT easy to do all of this single handedly!
Nobody to help...

I have to cover things every night...


Final preparation of front panel, before gluing-it in.
































Then I had to remove the "excess thickness" with a power saw on the Right Hand Side panel of the truck


You will notice that I have created a "hole" in what used to be the front of the camper-cell...


Time to glue the panel on the Right Hand Side.


Glue alumimium "corner" pieces

At the end, it's time to put the short "roof", more glue, more straps overnigt... 

VoilĂ  ! Finished that part!